Are you sure you want to delete this post?
I submitted this plan (my own!) as a reply for suggestions to Ideas for tax reform. The Following is verbatim to Senator Baucus's Office:
* * * * *
1. Graduated tax, weighted to income.
2. Close ALL Corporate tax loopholes
3. 1/10% Tax on ALL stock/bond transactions
4. Remove ALL subsidies from OIL, Big Pharma, Big Agriculture, etc.
5. 20% tax on personal firearms and ammunition, to subsidize Law Enforcement, Nationwide.
6. Tax off-shore tax shelters. If the sheltering nations do not cooperate, withdraw diplomatic recognition and foreign aid until they do. Make the tax retroactive to 1981, and effective IMMEDIATELY.
7. No elected official, or federal public servant shall engage in insider trading, fraudulent behavior, or influence-peddling for any reason -- EVER! It must be made a felony.
8. Any person or persons convicted of actions not benefiting the Common Good of the poorest among us, shall be subject to a 100% Tax on Income and Assets for a period of not less than 1 year, not to exceed 10 years.
9. Any group classified as 501(c)3, 501(c)4, or other non-profit not classified as a Political Action Committee, will be subject to 20% tax on gross income if and when these groups are engaged in political action, influence-peddling, or campaigns of disinformation, defined as stretching the facts, distorting the facts, or outright lies. Their Agents, defined as Media Outlets and Spokespeople, will be prosecuted under the Statutes governing Perjury.
10. All Elected Officials, regardless of income shall be stripped of Special Medical, Dental, and Travel benefits; they shall be subject to taxation under Social Security, Medicare, and Federal Law as it pertains to their income.
10A. Any Elected Official, regardless of Seniority, shall lose lifetime benefits, when defeated in either Primary, or General Election.