Forum Thread

Not Guns, But Ammo

Reply to ThreadDisplaying 16 - 24 of 24 Prev 1 2
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Right on Dutch, no one needs any automatic weapon in their home. Are they too lazy to pull a trigger multiple times? And if we are talking about self defense, I dare anyone of them to tell me how they could awaken in the middle of the night to the sound of someone smashing in their front door, get their AK47 or other rifle out of its safe place, snap in a clip, and even still have time to raise the gun to their shoulder and aim it, before this supposed enemy intruder could be upon them and subdue or kill them first. Explain to me how just reaching into a bedside drawer and removing a handy .38 or something close would NOT be faster, safer, and less risky than the incident I just described with the rifle.
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Automatic weapons by law are not permitted to be owned or possessed by civilians, The semi-automatic AK-47 is a modified to civilian applications, and is fired as any other semi-automatic rifles,the difference being it is styled (looks like) after a military AK-47, banning these rifles for the reasons stated is silly,because these types of weapons account for only about 10% of the deaths attributted to firearms, the hand gun accounts for the other 90%, but it would be so much more difficult to legistrate the bannnig of all handguns , which is the true agenda of these people,than it is to ban long guns.
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    johnnycee Wrote: Automatic weapons by law are not permitted to be owned or possessed by civilians, The semi-automatic AK-47 is a modified to civilian applications, and is fired as any other semi-automatic rifles,the difference being it is styled (looks like) after a military AK-47, banning these rifles for the reasons stated is silly,because these types of weapons account for only about 10% of the deaths attributted to firearms, the hand gun accounts for the other 90%, but it would be so much more difficult to legistrate the bannnig of all handguns , which is the true agenda of these people,than it is to ban long guns.
    I was not particular in choice of any weapon just gave as an example the AK 47; in my thread I meant to say that "hoarding" these is like a previous "thread" said is a sick mentality on which "pgr" gave a particular answer.
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    johnnycee Wrote: Automatic weapons by law are not permitted to be owned or possessed by civilians, The semi-automatic AK-47 is a modified to civilian applications, and is fired as any other semi-automatic rifles,the difference being it is styled (looks like) after a military AK-47, banning these rifles for the reasons stated is silly,because these types of weapons account for only about 10% of the deaths attributted to firearms, the hand gun accounts for the other 90%, but it would be so much more difficult to legistrate the bannnig of all handguns , which is the true agenda of these people,than it is to ban long guns.
    johnnycee, if automatic weapons are not permitted to be owned by civilians, who stops them from being sold to civilians? What if a gun manufacturer or seller wants to sell to an individual, how would the Feds (I assume it's the Feds) know about it or prevent it? And I am no gun expert, so how many rounds per minute could the automatic fire versus the semi-automatic? Thanks in advance for your answers.
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Why? for many it's an investment. The returns it pays are much higher than any 401K.
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Michaels:
    There are federal statutes that prohibits the sale of full automatic weapons to civilians plus other type of weapons , The BTAF & E has jurisdiction over the prosecution of those violaters.The amount of rounds fired automaticly from a full automatic vary with each weapon, although all of them have a very high rate of fire, and there is still R & D being done to increase those rates of fire even higher, semi-automatic's are governed by how fast you can pull the trigger, and depending on the owners /shooters idea of maintence,if left unattended for a long period time and then you try to fire rapidly ,you run the risk of the possibilty of a malfunction, so as I stated before, most of these mass killers are profecient in their weapons and have knowledge of the rounds that use.
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Thanks johnny, so I think both semi- and fully- automatics can fire off a vast amount of rounds per minute, especially if the shooter is proficient in the use. If the Feds are thus in charge of the sale of these fully-automatic weapons, how come supposedly so many illegally own them? Are guns shops just illegally selling them and without consequence if they are never found? And even if the sellers require some sort of Federal license to buy them, nothing would stop a valid purchaser from re-selling it privately, and then just reporting it as stolen. Even if it was recovered at a crime scene, no charges could be filed against the original owner.......thus I don't see the value of requiring the license.
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    The requirement of having a license is just a reason for the government to keep track of certain things while making a little on the side in fee's, one of the reasons why so many licensed items are still sold illegely is number one MONEY, and as long as there is a market for it, someone will find a way to get to you, whether or not its guns ,drugs, animals,and yes people, there is always a need for ill gotton gains to be exploited. although some do get caught, the biggies always seem to elude capture or have a good mouth piece to get them off if they are caught.
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    johnnycee Wrote: The requirement of having a license is just a reason for the government to keep track of certain things while making a little on the side in fee's, one of the reasons why so many licensed items are still sold illegely is number one MONEY, and as long as there is a market for it, someone will find a way to get to you, whether or not its guns ,drugs, animals,and yes people, there is always a need for ill gotton gains to be exploited. although some do get caught, the biggies always seem to elude capture or have a good mouth piece to get them off if they are caught.
    A licence is a total waste; daily people here get caught driving without a licence, let alone a fishing licence or even a flying licence; ( in one week in FL alone 11 private planes crashed!!) Investigation revealed most pilots had never any good instruction on certain flight modes, like stalling, spinning etc. So licencing does not change behavior or knowledge.