Are you sure you want to delete this post?
I'm starting to think that most of the politicians in Texas are just plain nuts, in particular the ones in the Republican Party.
Louis Gohmert turned up in the news again this morning because he shouted down (repeatedly) the protestors who were objecting to the elimination of food stamps from the Republican Farm bill:
John Boehner has said that the issue of food stamps "will be handled later":
As the article mentions, President Obama really has no choice but to veto the bill if it happens to get as far as his desk.
Sadly, Representative Gohmert continues to get re-elected by huge margins in the 1st Congressional district of Texas (he got close to 90% of the votes in 2010):
In addition to his nutty ideas about the Aurora theater shootings, he also has a number of ideas that would make most sane people question his intelligence:
1) in 2009, he co-sponsored H.R. 1503, a veiled attempt to prove that Obama was born in Kenya
2) he challenged the FBI's handling of the Boston bomber case
3) in 2013, he nominated Alan West of Florida to be the Speaker of the House, EVEN THOUGH WEST WAS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF CONGRESS
4) he does not believe that global warming is man-made (and he's on the sub-committee on Energy and Mineral Resources)
5) he is a strong supporter of the Trans-Alaskan pipeline because he believes it will allow caribou to have more sex
6) in 2013, he told a female witness that she should have carried her fetus to full term even though doctors had determined that it had no brain function
7) 2 days after the shootings at Sandy Hook, he told FOX News that the teachers should have been armed
8) in 2012, he accused the Sate Department's deputy Chief of Staff, Huma Abedin, as having ties to the Muslim Brotherhood
9) he's a member of the House Tea Party Caucus
I know that you don't live in his district, but can ANYTHING be done to get this moron out of office ??