Are you sure you want to delete this post?
Unfortunately the US is becoming the most corrupt nation in the First World. With entrenched corporate interests giving legalized bribes in return for favorable legislation, plutocracy and graft go hand-in-hand. Replacing this system with a progressive one will be a long, uphill battle. But it's not impossible. FDR proved that in the 1930s.
Among other things, we need to:
- Get rid of Citizen's United.
- End corporate personhood.
- Institute a short campaign season. Maybe two months.
- Bring about public campaign finance. End large contributions (bribes) by big money interests.
- Limit congressional access of lobbyists to no more than an ordinary citizen. Votes should determine law, not money.
- Term limits. Including 18 years maximum for Supreme Court judges.
- Terminate the antiquated Electoral College.
- Add your own