Are you sure you want to delete this post?
Reference: Christian Coalition Website: Stop the Government Healthcare Takeover
The following is extracted from the Christian Coalition website:
"Barack Obama and the liberals in Congress are pushing for a drastic government takeover of our nation's health care system. And the only thing that can stop them is you!
Their proposed scheme would:
- Mandate taxpayer funding of abortion
- Limit our choice of doctors
- Cause health care costs to skyrocket - followed by tax increases
- Kill American jobs
- Provide healthcare to illegal aliens, while rationing care to elderly and disabled American citizens
- Cause millions of Americans to lose their current insurance, forcing them on the government plan
- Make it illegal to buy or sell individual insurance plans
Unless Americans take action immediately, this bill could become law in just a few months! But we can stop it. We simply must stand together and speak out with an overwhelming voice and say "NO"!"
But what else irks me is that the IRS recognizes the Coalition as a 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization. That means that the rest of us have to pay more taxes because they don't pay any.
Now beside the fact that the statement is absolutely false on every single point, I have to ask the question. What the hell does this have to do with Christianity? The CC admits to being "a political organization, made up of pro-family Americans who care deeply about ensuring that government serves to strengthen and preserve, rather than threaten, our families and our values. To that end, we work continuously to identify, educate and mobilize Christians for effective political action."
If this is what the CC calls "education," then they should remove the name Christian from their name. It is anything but Christian to lie to the populace.