Forum Thread

Trump is still on the ballot


Reply to ThreadDisplaying 2 Posts
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Toward the end of "I alone can fix it", the authors mentioned that Trump's support of the Republican senators in Georgia helped the two Democrats to get elected.

    For at least the next year or so, candidates who are more aligned with Trump are more likely to lose to the Democrats because enough people (Independents and rational Republicans) have come to the conclusion that it no longer makes sense to vote for the Republican Party.

    The next test of that theory is tomorrow, when voters in California whether of not to recall Gavin Newsome. Since the leading Republican candidate is Larry Elder, who is not playing with a full deck, Newsome will probably stay in office.

    SHOCK: Larry Elder defended the murder of Trayvon Martin and said he WOULD want Trayvon’s murderer living in his own neighborhood in an interview unearthed by Resist Programming.

    He also would like to see an abortion ban similar to what Texas just passed.

    Next up are the elections in Virginia and New Jersey, which have elections in the near future.

    Looking ahead to 2022, statewide elections in Arizona include some dubious candidates on the Republican side, including a QAnon enthusiast who is running for Secretary of State. Since 1/3 of the voters in the state are registered as Independents, extreme right wing Republicans are not likely to prevail.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/california-recall-democrats/2021/09/12/32bd2d3c-1274-11ec-9cb6-bf9351a25799_story.html

  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    AZ: Candidates who are more aligned with Trump are more likely to lose to the Democrats because enough people (Independents and rational Republicans) have come to the conclusion that it no longer makes sense to vote for the Republican Party.

    The next test of that theory is tomorrow, when voters in California whether of not to recall Gavin Newsome. Since the leading Republican candidate is Larry Elder, who is not playing with a full deck, Newsome will probably stay in office...

    The above and below quotes indicate that an unhealthy mental status to be more mainstream for Republicans as time goes by. Perhaps we need a new party named something appropriately. Maybe "The Mentally Ill party" or something along those lines. The "Lunatics taking over the asylum." Party

    Trump’s election lie is becoming GOP orthodoxy

    There’s a striking number from a new poll released by CNN on Sunday. More than half of Republicans say supporting former President Trump’s false claim that he won the 2020 election is an important part of their partisan identity.

    About 6 in 10 Republicans (59%) said believing Trump won in 2020 (he didn’t) is important to their identity as part of the GOP. 36% of that group felt it was “very” important, while 23% thought it was somewhat important.

    While that belief is beginning to ossify among Republicans, a divide is brewing over Trump’s role in the party. 51% said the GOP has a better chance of winning the 2024 election if Trump were the nominee, while 49% said the party would be better off if someone else were the nominee. Salt Lake Tribune

    Some would say the info from the Salt Lake publication is an example of the "herd mentality" sometimes attributed to humans.

    AZ: Looking ahead to 2022, statewide elections in Arizona include some dubious candidates on the Republican side, including a QAnon enthusiast who is running for Secretary of State. Since 1/3 of the voters in the state are registered as Independents, extreme right wing Republicans are not likely to prevail.

    This QAnon Black Magik can't go away soon enough for me. The malignant minds this org fosters can't be ignored.