Are you sure you want to delete this post?
Another candidate popped up today, and officially , she would be a "dark horse" candidate.
Her name is Karen Bass, and she is a congresswoman representing in Los Angeles, and she is in her 5th term of office.
Here is why she might make sense:
1) She is the chair of the Congressional Black Caucus.
2) Her current leadership of the Congressional Black Caucus has taken on even greater importance, since she recently unveiled House Democrats' slate of police reforms in the wake of George Floyd's death and the nationwide protests for racial equality.
3) Before politics, Bass' career was in healthcare as a physician assistant, notable experience as the country continues to face the COVID-19 pandemic. As the seriousness of the pandemic set in during late March, Bass joined Biden for a livestream event about the problems faced by medical workers on the front lines of the pandemic.
4) In 2010, the congresswoman was honored with the Profile in Courage Award for her bipartisan work in striking a legislative deal to address the 2009 financial crisis in California. Bass and her fellow leaders "set aside party loyalties and ideological differences and fashioned a solution to rescue California from the brink of financial ruin," Caroline Kennedy said in delivering the award.
Ms. Bass is 66 years old. In addition to her participation in the Congressional Black Caucus, she also serves as Chair of the United States House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights and International Organizations and United States House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security. She also is a member of NUMEROUS other caucuses:
- Congressional Black Caucus, Chair
- Congressional Caucus on Foster Youth, Founder and Co-Chair
- Congressional Coalition on Adoption (CCA)
- American Sikh Congressional Caucus
- Congressional Addiction, Treatment and Recovery Caucus
- Coalition for Autism Research and Education (CARE)
- Congressional Caucus on Black Men and Boys
- Congressional Creative Rights Caucus
- Congressional Diabetes Caucus
- Congressional Entertainment Industries Caucus
- Congressional Ethiopia Caucus
- Congressional HIV/AIDS Caucus
- Congressional International Conservation Caucus
- Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus
- Congressional Library of Congress Caucus
- Congressional Military Mental Health Caucus
- Congressional Multiple Sclerosis Caucus
- Congressional Quiet Skies Caucus
- Congressional Progressive Caucus
- Congressional Social Work Caucus
- Congressional Valley Fever Task Force
It's still too soon to pick favorites, but "Biden and Bass" has a nice ring to it.