Are you sure you want to delete this post?
Chet Ruminski Wrote: If single payer was instituted does it cost the top 1% anything??? No and not just no absolutely no!!! They own almost everything and all the money that is spent goes back to what they own. Entitlements and give aways cost nothing in the end because all the money goes back to the origin. Poverty and sufferings are a choice made by limiting the velocity of money.
This is sheer nonsense. What data do you have to back up all of these claims other than your own opinion?
Single-payer has been a goal of mine since I wrote my college thesis on this very topic in 2006, but you are living in a fantasy world if you have convinced yourself that single-payer won't cost the top 1% anything. You're also living in a fantasy world if you have convinced yourself that it won't cost the remaining 99% anything.
Have you studied the various single-payer systems throughout the industrialized world or have you simply convinced yourself that "[e]ntitlements and give aways [sic] cost nothing in the end because all the money goes back to the origin" without doing any research whatsoever?
Single-payer has its pros and cons and those pros and cons are different in every country that has single-payer healthcare. A pro in most countries that have it is that you can receive medical care no matter your economic status. A con in most countries is that you may die waiting for service no matter your economic status. Trust me, I am keenly aware of this fact considering my wife's very wealthy uncle couldn't find a single private doctor to provide him care after a receiving a very troubling diagnoses.
Providing health and wellness for a country of 325 million people isn't as simple as saying it won't "cost the top 1% anything."