Are you sure you want to delete this post?
Fortunately, a government shutdown was averted, and the country will now keep running until the end of September.
To get the short term funding in place, though, the Republicans made some LARGE concessions, which are outlined in the article posted below.
In brief, though, here is where the Republicans conceded:
1 . no border wall funding
2 . non defense funding will go UP, not down
3. the National Institutes on Health will get a funding INCREASE, not a decrease
4. the EPA funding is almost exactly the same last year, not cut by 33%
5. Planned Parenthood will continue to be funded
6. the increase in military funding is MUCH less than Trump asked for
7. the Republican "poison pills" are all gone
8. Obamacare subsidies will continue as before