Are you sure you want to delete this post?
Things that I was hoping to see this year.
1. The END of the NRA's lobbying power to keep high powered military and law enforcement weaponry in the hands of untrained civilians who are not authorized to handle such weaponry.
A Closed " gun show" loophole, a Ban on Fully automatic weapons and semi automatic weapons and handguns.
A Ban on Binary explosive devices and compounds.
The beginning of those who claim that their guns will only be taken away from them, from their cold dead hands... actually having their guns taken away from them, from just that... their cold dead hands.
And without a voice in the supreme court about it.
2. The end of the Death Penalty
3. The Solidification of equal rights for LGBT people.
4. The Solidification of the Affordable Healthcare Act, and maybe the introduction of Universal Healthcare.
5. The End of police getting away with shooting people without a justifiable cause, by giving the court bull crap about how hard or stressful their job is, and the beginning of imprisonment and firing of police officers who think of their job as stressful or "too hard".
6. A supreme court ruling that Hate Speech and/or Offensive speech is not protected as "free speech" in the Constitution.