Are you sure you want to delete this post?
Dutch -- Quoting from the Contrarian article above:
"I am really sick and tired of people saying both candidates are equally horrible choices, how much America thoroughly hates both of them to the core, that there’s not a single positive trait in either one of them and wow, if only we had voted for that guy behind the deli counter or the neighbor’s cat, America would be WAY better off....Fuck you. Fuck the deli guy and fuck your neighbor’s cat."
This is my sentiment for those who think that Hillary is the lesser of two evils...or who say that if only we had nominated Bernie, we wouldn't have all this Hillary controversy (much of it manufactured) to deal with. But what did we really find out about Bernie during the campaign? Not much. Hillary did not vet him or call into question his "socialist past" because she needed his supporters. Republicans wanted to run against Bernie. They would have been ruthless calling up all the "Bernie baggage" that Hillary chose to ignore...they would have eviscerated him. So it gets back to the known versus the unknown...
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones." -- Donald Rumsfeld
What I know about Hillary Clinton I absolutely like. I can go through her vetting list and say I agree with 95 percent of it. And many on this website if they did the same exercise would come to the same conclusion. But it's that purity test that we apply to the other 5 percent that separates me from Dutch and others.
Hillary Clinton will make an outstanding President. She is the most qualified person to run for the office in history. Give her a chance and quit applying purity tests. The mythical candidate you want exists only in your mind and that conforms 100 percent with your worldviews...nothing less.