Are you sure you want to delete this post?
johnnycee Wrote: Pr. you honestly believe that less than 2% of the police who go and do things against the oath of their office represents the other 98%, you also refuse to believe the stats that bear that out,so if it's not hate or bias that you show and post about , then what is it?
The problem is that those 2% of officers have the ability to shoot and kill American citizens. Then the blue wall of silence steps in and the other 98% of officers either refuse to or are scared to report on that 2%. After that the District Attorneys who go out to lunch with the police chief every Friday do everything in their power to make sure that a police officer who shot and killed an American citizen never sees the inside of a courtroom, let alone the inside of a prison cell.
If you honestly believe that there is not an inherent racial bias when it comes to policing then you are living in a fantasy world. I encourage you to watch Senator Tim Scott's (Republican) speech on racial profiling that he gave on the Senate floor. I may not agree with him on 95% of the issues, but he is spot on here.
Here's a few tidbits--Capitol Police have stopped him on numerous occasions and accused him of trying to unlawfully enter the Senate chamber. He also has been stopped seven times in one year for driving while black in a white neighborhood.
Hell, I haven't been stopped by police seven times in my entire life. And trust me--I have a lead foot and have taken months to fix a tail light that was out just because I was too lazy to do so. I was even pulled over one time for going 25 over the speed limit and the cop damn near apologized to me for pulling me over and disturbing my day before he gave me a written warning and told me to have a wonderful day. If that's not white privilege then I have no idea what is.
The list goes on and on, so I encourage you to take 15 minutes of your day and watch it. Then try to keep insisting that there isn't a real and systemic problem in this country when it comes to police relations with people of color.
Don't worry though--none of us will hold our breaths hoping that you will have any revelation and change your mind about things after (or if) you watch Senator Scott's speech.