Forum Thread

polling insights

Reply to ThreadDisplaying 3 Posts
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    The Democratic Party has set up a system where 800 elite Super Delegates are selected before the primary begins and they can change their mind who to vote for if the polls indicate someone else would more likely win.

    Since the polls now indicate Bernie Sanders is more likely to beat Trump then those Super Delegates should be voting for Bernie and Bernie will make Trump look like the true blue warmongering, fearmongering, lying, and ignorant fascist and ding bat he really is!

  • Strongly Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Portland, OR
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Connie Wrote: The Democratic Party has set up a system where 800 elite Super Delegates are selected before the primary begins and they can change their mind who to vote for if the polls indicate someone else would more likely win.

    The Democratic Party set up the system of Super Delegates well before this election cycle.

    Connie Wrote: Since the polls now indicate Bernie Sanders is more likely to beat Trump then those Super Delegates should be voting for Bernie and Bernie will make Trump look like the true blue warmongering, fearmongering, lying, and ignorant fascist and ding bat he really is!

    You have to look at who is conducting these polls that show Sanders and not Hillary beating Trump. Two of these polls are by right wing polling institutions--Fox News and Rasmussen Reports. Non partisan polling shows that Trump will lose in November no matter who the Democratic nominee is.

    It's also important to understand that many Bernie supporters have yet to admit defeat and say they will never vote for Clinton. Clinton supporters said the same thing in 2008, but they eventually came around to supporting then Senator Obama in November.

  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Polls are hardly trustworthy anymore and yes there is a lot of variation between polling companies. Bernie Sanders knows how to game the system by repeating over and over again...drilling his supporters actually, that his narrow path to the presidency depends on the polls showing him beating Trump by a wider margin than Hillary beating Trump. That fact in turn will flip the super delegates in his favor.

    So when the pollsters call a Bernie supporter and ask if they will vote for Hillary against Trump, how will they answer?

    Nevertheless, 72 percent of Bernie Sanders supporters said they will indeed support Hillary if she is the nominee. What about the other 28 percent? Will they flip to Trump?

    My guess is that most all will put their feelings aside and vote for Hillary. The country cannot afford a Trump presidency.