Are you sure you want to delete this post?
Nicholas Kristof, New York Times, January 7. 2016: Guns, Tears and Republicans
225,000 Americans have died of gun violence in Obama's seven years in office, a rate of 32,000 per year. That's more than have died in the Syrian civil war.
A toddler in America shoots someone on average once a week because guns are so easy to pick up and fire.
If our cellphones can be made to work only with a PIN, it’s crazy that anyone can use a stolen assault rifle.
The states with the most restrictive gun laws have the lowest gun death rates.
When Missouri eased restrictions on buying handguns, the result was a 25 percent rise in the firearm homicide rate.
In contrast, Connecticut tightened regulations on buying handguns, and gun homicides there fell by 40 percent.
The above are all facts. Let's have a fact based discussion...
Many of President Obama's proposed gun safety measures were once also proposed and supported by the NRA. That's also a FACT. But once the gun manufacturers "bought" the NRA it is nothing more than a political organization doing the bidding of the gun manufacturers. After every mass killing the gun manufacturers make a killing with gun sales because the NRA pushes the lie that Obama's going to take your guns away. Only stupid people believe that shit. The blood money that the manufacturers make with every mass killing is circulated back to members of Congress to block every possible gun safety measure. That's another FACT.
And yes, only something like 31-33 percent of Americans own guns anyway. The other 67-69 percent do not want anything to do with guns. And within the 31-33 percent of gun owners, more than half support common sense gun legislation. So something like 15 percent of Americans (the gun nuts) along with the gun manufacturers are dictating to the other 85 percent. Wake up America. Do your homework.