First let me say that any type of gun legislation that makes sense that might have a chance of passing would have to come from Schmidt or somebody that thinks like him. I would support 100% anything he suggests.
Having said that there is absolutely positively no reasonable gun legislation that will:
1. Be presented by anybody in this forum that can be offered for voting.
2. Effect gun violence.
3. Not effect negatively the number of liberal progressive candidates or office holders.
4. Stop the impending surge of crime and violence resulting from the war on opioids.
5. Will not have a massive corresponding purchase of new guns.
6. Will not further polarize and alienate responsible gun owners.
7. Have any other purpose than people that believe nobody should have a gun imposing that will.
In over thirty years of trying to reduce gun violence there are now more guns than ever, more people than ever legally carrying guns, more states allowing more people to carry more guns more ways.
Demonizing and calling gun owners gun nuts is for sure not the approach to passing gun laws.
The way to peace is through prosperity. Pass laws that support jobs, industry and making things to sell and all violence will start to go down. Ranting and raving about gun violence sells more guns.