Forum Thread

Iran Treaty

Reply to ThreadDisplaying 1 - 15 of 20 1 2 Next
  • Independent
    Washington
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    In a few hours trump will decide if the US wants to continue with the treaty.

    trump hates Obama, so my estimation is there is 90% chance he will pull out for that reason alone. There is other 10% chance to he will decide to stay in the treaty for another 6 months by threatening the world to meet his demands.

    trump loves to dangle threats for as long as possible because its threats that give him power. trump has no power of his own making, his only real option is to threaten to destroy existing things of significant value.

    trump doesn't build or create things, he is a destroyer. Everything and everyone he touches turns to shit.

  • Independent
    Ft.myers, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Yes you got it right; however he has no clue about consequences related to doing so.
  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Tucson, AZ
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    wwjd Wrote:

    In a few hours trump will decide if the US wants to continue with the treaty.

    trump hates Obama, so my estimation is there is 90% chance he will pull out for that reason alone. There is other 10% chance to he will decide to stay in the treaty for another 6 months by threatening the world to meet his demands.

    trump loves to dangle threats for as long as possible because its threats that give him power. trump has no power of his own making, his only real option is to threaten to destroy existing things of significant value.

    trump doesn't build or create things, he is a destroyer. Everything and everyone he touches turns to shit.

    Trump just anmounced he is going to pull out of the treaty.

    To put it politely this move is absolutely f***ing STUPID!

  • Independent
    Washington
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Can anyone put on their irrational trump thinking caps and explain how this will help make a deal with NK?

    Q: Why would NK or any other country, make deals with Trump, if he is known for breaking deals?

    Anyone care to play devil advocate and explain why NK would be motivated to make a deal when there is high risk trump would break it. Or.... trump makes such a bad NK deal that the next president is forced the break the agreement.

    Hypothetical bad deal: NK can have all the nuclear ballistic missiles they want, as long as they don't point them at the US.

  • Center Left
    Independent
    Central, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    I hope he (Trump) is voted out by a landslide after 1 miserable term. I hope he lives to be 96 so the truth follows like an unavoidable stench. The absence of the truth can't happen again.
  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Kenosha, WI
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Anything to repeal anything Obama had a hand in accomplishing. The scientists and laureates who have a combined knowledge and experience with nuclear non proliferation of probably more than 300 years hammered out the agreement, only to be quashed by an idiot with absolutely no foreign policy experience whatsoever.

    For Trump Voters Who Visit This Website: Yes, you Trump supporting idiots and deplorables, your elected asshole is taking America back into the dark ages. It's what you wanted. Reap the whirlwind you fools.

  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Kenosha, WI
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    wwjd Wrote:

    Can anyone put on their irrational trump thinking caps and explain how this will help make a deal with NK?

    Q: Why would NK or any other country, make deals with Trump, if he is known for breaking deals?

    Anyone care to play devil advocate and explain why NK would be motivated to make a deal when there is high risk trump would break it. Or.... trump makes such a bad NK deal that the next president is forced the break the agreement.

    Hypothetical bad deal: NK can have all the nuclear ballistic missiles they want, as long as they don't point them at the US.

    Exactly JD, why would any other country or nation trust any agreement the USA would make with them now? The dealmaker is now the deal breaker, who can trust what he (Trump) says or does? He has done this so many times in the past, just look at how many times his businesses have filed for bankruptcy, the man is not to be trusted.

    Pertaining to backing out of the Iran nuke deal, he has made the middle east and the world a much less safe place to live. I hope the Israelis realize this, but they too are showing their ignorance.

  • Independent
    Ft.myers, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Yes, an Trump idiot never thinks about consequences; Europe will now no longer support the US in all our wars or politics.

    The EU is already mad about the tariffs and other things; this will only make the US more isolated. The total stupidity is of course following the Netanyahoe? doctrine to please the "evangelicals" here. Like I said many times; the longer that the "idiot" stays in power the deeper we will sink into the swamp. Yes the "iceberg is coming closer and closer ; hand out the lifejackets.

  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Kenosha, WI
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Dutch Wrote:

    Yes, an Trump idiot never thinks about consequences; Europe will now no longer support the US in all our wars or politics.

    The EU is already mad about the tariffs and other things; this will only make the US more isolated. The total stupidity is of course following the Netanyahoe? doctrine to please the "evangelicals" here. Like I said many times; the longer that the "idiot" stays in power the deeper we will sink into the swamp. Yes the "iceberg is coming closer and closer ; hand out the lifejackets.

    I think it's his personal mission to piss everyone off in the world. Bush 43 did that too. Neither will never be able to go anywhere abroad without being heckled. Bush has his ranch in Texas, and Trump has mara lago to hide at.
  • Independent
    Ft.myers, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    I guess Trump has no idea of the consequences. Boeing had an 20 billion deal for planes; and had to cancel that. Of course Airbus tries to take over that deal instead; especially if Europe, Russia and China stay in the deal then they should still be able to sell goods and services to Iran. However Trump already tried to block those sales as the "bully" he is. I bet the EU will not take that and sue the US. I myself was in a similar situation when Iran was blocked by the US, however we did sell military troopships there regardless and I helped with the negotiations in Iran. I bet this will be similar; the US will loose lots of trade, because also Russia and China will jump in. Also the oil prices will be affected; so expect to pay more at the pump.
  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Tucson, AZ
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Iran deal (the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA) shouldn’t surprise any of us, since he has long been opposed to the deal, which is neither a treaty nor an executive action. Rather, it is a United Nations Security Council resolution.

    I think we would all agree that this is his dumbest move yet, even though he has made PLENTY of dumb moves so far. It almost seems like he does something truly stupid just about every day.

    The October 8, 2017 article in the New York times (see below), which was written by the Iranian ambassador to the United Nations, explains why it does not make sense to withdraw from the agreement. The most important line in the article is in the last paragraph:

    But if the United States wants to remain credible in future multilateral negotiations, it cannot go against the international consensus and attempt to scuttle past diplomacy whether as political retaliation against a previous administration, or as part of a constant reassessment of American national interests.

    http://https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/opinion/false-assumptions-about-the-iran-nuclear-deal.html

    When the agreement was still being worked on, Congress passed the Iran Nuclear Review Act of 2015 in May of 2015. It gave Congress the right to review any final agreement, and it passed both the House and the Senate with overwhelming majorities.

    The partisanship in Congress became more evident in September of 2015, when Democrats blocked a Republican-led attempt to reject the agreement. As usual, Mitch McConnell was up to his usual tricks, since he tried push through three different procedural votes, all of which failed.

    http://iranprimer.usip.org/blog/2015/sep/11/congress-votes-deal

    Very early in his presidency, Trump managed to irritate one of our most loyal allies, when he called Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull “dumb”. Turnbull, naturally, “regrets” Trumps’ decision. The Sydney Morning Herald is of the opinion that Trump did what he did to distract everyone from his sexual adventures, and there is probably some truth to that. As the newspaper mentioned, one likely result is that gasoline prices will continue to rise.

    https://www.smh.com.au/topic/donald-john-trump-2tq

    In case you haven’t noticed, average gasoline prices have now risen toward a 3 year high.

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/energy/2018/04/03/u-s-national-average-gasoline-price-surges-toward-3-year-high/480981002/

  • Independent
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Expect more attacks on U.S. troops in the region. Expect ratchet tension between Saudi supported Sunni terrorists, Iran/Iraq supported Shi’a terrorists and Israel.

    On a related note Pence says the U.S. will keep up pressure on NK until nuclear program is dismantled. Unless the PRC is actively involved in talks the U.S. will not be dealing from a position of strength. NK is expert at negotiating over this particular issue. Trump is not a negotiator, he is a blustering blowhard. He couches everything in real estate deal terms which is irrelevant to international diplomacy.

    Look for complete failure on both fronts.

  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Tucson, AZ
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Dutch:

    I was not aware of the Boeing sale until you mentioned it, but I would love to see a whole bunch of Boeing executives fly to D.C. and park in Trump's office until he changes his mind (which he does on a fairly regular basis).

    http://www.newsweek.com/boeing-stands-lose-nearly-20-billion-after-trump-withdraws-iran-nuclear-deal-916125

  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Tucson, AZ
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    "Like hell you will" sums up the reaction of Iran's leader, Mr. Khamenei to Trump's move:

    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/iran-khamenei-trump-hell-180509115237052.html

  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    “You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that.” -- Donald Trump press conference , 2017

    "Trust me, I'm like a smart person." -- Donald Trump (said on many other occasions).

    So when Trump overrides General Mattis, and the scientists and experts from France, Britain, Russia, China, and Germany in announcing his withdrawal from the Iran Nuclear Agreement, just remember how smart he says he is. He understands "uranium". Trust him.