Forum Thread

Trump Lies

Reply to ThreadDisplaying 106 - 118 of 118 Prev 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8
  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Tucson, AZ
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    At last count, Trump had told over 2400 lies since he was inaugurated (according to the Washington Post). Per this morning's edition of the Post, his lying has been going on essentially for his entire career.

    The link below contains an article that is VERY lengthy, but here are a few of the highlights:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-lied-to-me-about-his-wealth-to-get-onto-the-forbes-400-here-are-the-tapes/2018/04/20/ac762b08-4287-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.903dc886425b

    Donald Trump aka John Barron lied to Forbes in order to get Trump on the Forbes 400 list (he was concerned about ratings even back then). When the Forbes reporter started to doubt some of Trump's figures, his personal lawyer, Roy Cohn (who had defended Joe McCarthy) threatened lawsuits. At the time, Cohn spent his time "schmoozing" with mobster clients, and badgering reporters with off the record utterances that made his clients look good and their enemies look bad.

    In 1979, casino regulators determined that Trump's income was $100,000, but his tax returns showed a loss of $3,4 million.

    When he first made the Forbes list, his net worth was listed at $100 million, but his holdings at the time were actually only worth $5 million.

    In 1989, Trump told Forbes that he was worth $3.7 billion, and that his liquid assets totaled $900 million. When the New Jersey Casino Commission did some investigation, they discovered that his business and personal accounts only had $19 million.

    In 1990, Forbes dropped Trump from its list entirely, and kept him off for the next 5 years. He made it back on the list in 1996 with a net worth of $450 million, but an editors note mentioned that he claimed to actually be worth $2 billion.

    In 2015, Forbes editor Randall Lane said this about Trump:

    Of the 1,538 tycoons who had been on the “Rich List” through the years, Lane wrote, “not one has been more fixated with his or her net worth estimate on a year-in, year-out basis than Donald J. Trump.”

    By 1990, Trump told Forbes that he was worth $6 billion. When Forbes questioned that amount, Trump sued for libel - and lost. When he lost his appeal in 2011, a New Jersey appellate judge wrote, “The largest portion of Mr. Trump’s fortune, according to three people who had had direct knowledge of his holdings, apparently comes from his lucrative inheritance. These people estimated that Mr. Trump’s wealth, presuming that it is not encumbered by heavy debt, may amount to about $200 million to $300 million. That is an enviably large sum of money by most people’s standards but far short of the billionaires club.” Since Trump considers himself to be "the king of debt" the reality is the he was actually worth much less than $200 million in 2011. Very little (if any) of Trump's loans are held by domestic lenders, and there is virtually no chance of finding out what he really owes to the Russians and Deutsche Bank.

    In 2014, Eric Trump told a reporter that "we have all the funding we need out of Russia". When Trump Tower broke ground in 1998, a third of the units on floors 76 through 83 (about 65 in total) involved people or limited liability companies connected to Russia or neighboring states. By coincidence, real estate properties are an ideal vehicle for money laundering. In 2008, a Russian fertilizer magnate purchased one of Trump's mansions in Palm Beach for $53 million more than Trump paid for it 4 years earlier. Some of the properties purchased by Russians have been seized by U.S. authorities.

    https://themoscowproject.org/collusion/eric-trump-funding-need-russia/

    In 2016, Trump's campaign put out a statement that the candidate had a net worth "in excess of $10 billion". If you are gullible enough to believe that, I have a very nice bridge in Brooklyn that I can sell you for a very reasonable price.

  • Independent
    Washington
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Karen Hedwig Backm Wrote: The question is: when doesn't Trump lie?

    He is pathological, so he feels compelled to lie, much like an alcoholic feels compelled to always have another drink. It is who he is as a person, like the color of his eyes, lying is not something trump can change about himself, and he doesn't want to change because he is very good at it.

    If we are to give him any credit, he has figured out how use lying as a tool for his personal success, but his methods require others pay the price, which is also good for him. He got elected president through his skilled use of deception, manipulation, and other traits related to being a pathological liar.

    The part that I am unsure about is how self-aware he is about being a pathological liar. I tend to think he is more like at 2-3 year old child that intuitively has figured out what behavior works to manipulate family members (ie parents). If you were to ask a 3 year old to explain his manipulation of how he controls his parents, he wouldn't understand the question, I believe trump is largely unaware he is a pathological liar, and like 3 year old, and does not have the self awareness to comprehend his own behavior; he does not understand the difference between the truth and a lie, except that the truth is limited, and lies have unlimited potential for success. If a lie fails to accomplish good results, it just means a better lie is required.

    I am not suggesting trump is equal to a 3 year old, I am saying his self-awareness is at that same level, but of course his knowledge and experience is that of a 70 year old man, thus he is much more skilled at being a pathological liar.

  • Center Left
    Independent
    Central, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Very articulate analysis wwjd. I think you're absolutely correct.
  • Independent
    Ft.myers, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    TJ Wrote: Very articulate analysis wwjd. I think you're absolutely correct.
    Yes, especially Guy's analyses shows a big can of worms; that is what you get if you appoint a "mob" boss to president. Also it automatically means that he drags in all his unqualified "gang" members. Congratulations America, keep it up without proper voting laws and no "vetting"!
  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Kenosha, WI
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    It's more difficult to be vetted to adopt a dog or a cat, what happened to vetting candidates? The electoral college forgot something.
  • Independent
    Ft.myers, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    Dockadams Wrote: It's more difficult to be vetted to adopt a dog or a cat, what happened to vetting candidates? The electoral college forgot something.
    A total farce; at least if you adopt a cat or a dog you've got lots less behavior problems than a President. Read all my mails about the "corruption" here which start well before any election. Let alone the election procedure as well the lobbying/bribery via lots of money. It may take forever to get this country back to decency as well "status" in the world. It has become the worst example on how to run a country.
  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Kenosha, WI
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Trump: Obama had my campaign wiretapped.

    Trump again: The FBI planted a spy among my campaign staffers.

    Sheesh, where's the proof?

  • Center Left
    Independent
    Central, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    The liar is a victim. The word of the day and/or year is messaging. Once democrats learn and attempt to catch up. We have to learn how to speak. Then what to say.
  • Independent
    Washington
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    TJ Wrote: The liar is a victim. The word of the day and/or year is messaging. Once democrats learn and attempt to catch up. We have to learn how to speak. Then what to say.

    It is a bit of catch-22. trump lies are outrageous. What he does is take some event that occurred and turns into to a huge lie, so people are unable to determine where the truth starts and lies end, and what trump does is make the lies sound more interesting, believable, and entertaining.

    The boring Truth: someone from inside the trump campaign leaked info to an FBI informant, and its boring information.

    Trump's lies about same event: Obama order the FBI to wiretap my phones and placed at least one, maybe several, FBI spies inside my campaign. I have classified evidence that the democrats have been bugging our republications for decades

    Trump's version makes for better news in the media, so they focus on it. About 60% of country knows trump in unable to tell the truth, so their is no need to create a message to change their vote against him. To convince the other 40%, the message has to be more interesting, more believable, and more entertaining that what trump is willing to lie about. The question becomes: Should the democratic message be filled with lies too? Is the new normal, its OK to be a liar, and the best liar should win.

    Long term question: Is trump lies and abuse presidential powers, more powerful than the truth and justice in our country? Will he be able lie and bully his way out of criminal activities. He has pardon powers, so in a video games, the term is "God" mode, where the player can do anything unrestricted by normal parameters and never pays any penalties for cheating.

  • Independent
    Ft.myers, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    wwjd Wrote:
    TJ Wrote: The liar is a victim. The word of the day and/or year is messaging. Once democrats learn and attempt to catch up. We have to learn how to speak. Then what to say.

    It is a bit of catch-22. trump lies are outrageous. What he does is take some event that occurred and turns into to a huge lie, so people are unable to determine where the truth starts and lies end, and what trump does is make the lies sound more interesting, believable, and entertaining.

    The boring Truth: someone from inside the trump campaign leaked info to an FBI informant, and its boring information.

    Trump's lies about same event: Obama order the FBI to wiretap my phones and placed at least one, maybe several, FBI agents inside my campaign. I have classified evidence that the democrats have been bugging our republications for decades

    Trump's version makes for better news in the media, so they focus on it. About 60% of country knows trump in unable to tell the truth, so their is no need to create a message to change their vote against him. To convince the other 40%, the message has to be more interesting, more believable, and more entertaining that what trump is willing to lie about. The question becomes: Should the democratic message be filled with lies too? Is the new normal, its OK to be a liar, and the best liar should win.

    In Dutch they say: Al is de leugen nog zo snel, de waarheid achterhaalt het wel. Translated: if the lie is super fast; the truth catches up with it (in no time). That is how it works over there, where they did not elect an "mob" boss, which lots of people accept as telling the truth here.
  • Independent
    Washington
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    In Dutch they say: Al is de leugen nog zo snel, de waarheid achterhaalt het wel. Translated: if the lie is super fast; the truth catches up with it (in no time). That is how it works over there, where they did not elect an "mob" boss, which lots of people accept as telling the truth here.

    I think people in the US would be more accepting of trump if he were a "mob boss", but he is not even close to having ever been one. He is a pathological liar that pulled off the biggest con on American people in US history, and he remains just as successful as a pathological president.

    About 60%-70% are not being conned, our awareness prevents us from being scammed, but what trump has discoved throughout out his life, is there are personality types (30% of the population) that have huge weaknesses that con men can exploit. Such people (ie trumps base) can be conned endlessly and they never know it. And on top of that, a good con man such as trump makes them fall in love with the con man, thus the con never ever ends...

    Example, if trump were to announce tomorrow that he has classified evidence that the world is a flat circle, immediately 30% of us population would believe its true beyond any doubt, and no real scientific facts would convince them that the world is a globe shaped sphere.... That is 10 million people who believe trump 100%, no matter how outrageous his lies might be. He understands it intuitively, and uses it to his advantage that about 10 million people are deeply invested into his con.

    And, a major key to his success: He doesn't have to con everyone, just con enough. And enough hovers around 30% of the population. Fuck the other 70% because 30% is enough to get everything he wants.

  • Strongly Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Pensacola, FL
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    Bringing reality to light. He openly contradicts his cabinet over what had no doubt been approved by him in the first place. When he openly bold faced contradicted Bolton in front of Bolton and the world how many people realized that Bolton was Verbalizing Trump's policy. If Bolton had made the statement as his policy contradicting Trump's policy I think Trump would have fired him on the spot. Remember that Trump demands loyalty and an egregious contradiction of policy like he tries to lay on Bolton would have caused immediate action. Trump lies and lies about lying and his support is strong and his numbers are improving. What is going on with the Democratic leaders . They counting on Trump losing and planning on drafting Hillary. They certainly are not offering anything to bring voters out for the Midterms. I think the secret undertone is supporting and planning on another Billion Dollar campaign.

  • Liberal Democrat
    Democrat
    Kenosha, WI
    Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    He did it again today. He supposedly seeks to assure farmers hurt by his tariffs. To me, that means the US Government is going to give farmers tax dollars to see them through Trump's hard times, what a way to buy the votes you need to get reelected!